- 1 small onion
- 1-1/4 pounds ground beef (or ground sausage, or a combination)
- 24 oz jar pasta sauce
- 16-ounces ziti (or penne pasta)
- 4 oz shredded mozzarella
- salt and pepper
- Saute the onion in your Instant Pot.
- Add the ground beef and brown. Drain off the fat and return to the Instant Pot.
- Add the entire jar of sauce, plus 24 ounces of water.
- Add the ziti.
- Set the Instant Pot to steam for 5 minutes.
- When the Instant Pot is finished cooking let off all of the steam.
- Add the shredded mozzarella and mix.
- Serve with salt and pepper to taste.