Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
- 4 russet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fill the Instant Pot with 1 cup of water.
- Place the steamer trivet in the pot and add quartered potatoes in the steamer trivet.
- Close the lid. Cook in high pressure for 8 minutes, then quick release.
- While the potatoes are cooking, heat a small sauce pan over medium heat. Melt the butter and add the garlic. Add a pinch of salt. Sauté the garlic for 1 to 2 minutes until fragrant and golden in color. Add the milk and deglaze the pan. Remove mixture from heat when it is hot.
- When the potatoes are done, remove the lid of the Instant Pot. Mash the cooked potatoes in a medium mixing bowl with a potato masher. Add half of the garlic butter mixture to the bowl. Continue to mash, stir, and add the mixture until desired consistency. Add Parmesan cheese. Taste and season with salt and pepper.