Open-Faced Patty Melts
- 1-1/2 pounds ground pork
- 2.8 oz can French fried onions
- 1 packet Shallot Tarragon Compound Butter Mix (Tastefully Simple)
- 1 tablespoon Green Tea Peppercorn Seasoning (Tastefully Simple)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 6 slices marble rye bread, grilled or toasted
- Preheat grill to medium. In large bowl, combine first 4 ingredients. Form into 6 oval patties. Drizzle oil on onion.
- Place patties and onions on grill. Grill, turning once, until internal temperature of burgers reaches 165 degrees, about 10-12 minutes, and onions reach desired doneness. Salt and pepper to taste. Top burgers with Swiss cheese and divide onions evenly over burgers. Serve on slices of grilled marble rye bread.
- Serve with fresh vegetable sticks and dip.
- Freeze for later: Combine first 4 ingredients. Form into 6 oval patties and place between waxed paper in a gallon resealable freezer bag. Seal well, label and freeze. Thaw completely. Grill as directed above.
Recipe from the kitchen of Tastefully Simple.
Post a Comment