Simple Pumpkin Pie
- 1 (9") unbaked pie crust
- 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin puree
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spread unbaked pie crust into a pie pan.
- In a large bowl, beat pumpkin puree, sweetened condensed milk, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and salt together. Pour pumpkin filling into prepared crust and bake for about 15 minutes.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees and continue to bake pie for 35-40 more minutes (or until a knife inserted into the pie 1" from the crust comes out clean). Remove pie from oven and let cool.
- Top with whipped cream (or add some cinnamon to your whipped cream for an even better flavor!) and serve.
- To keep edges of the pie crust from burning, wrap the crust with some aluminum foil before baking. Remove foil for the last 20 minutes of baking.