- 10 cups corn Chex cereal
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar, divided in half
- 2 gallon-sized Ziploc bags
- Pour cereal into very large mixing bowl, and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, combine chocolate, peanut butter, and butter. Heat the mixture, stirring constantly with a heatproof spoon or spatula, until entirely melted and combined.
- Pour melted chocolate mixture over cereal in the large mixing bowl, and mix with a rubber spatula until all the cereal is coated with the chocolate mixture. Divide the cereal into two gallon-sized ziploc bags, and add half the powdered sugar to each. Seal the bags, and shake the mixtures until the powdered sugar evenly coats the cereal.
- Open the bags and let the puppy chow cool completely, then transfer to gift jars. It will keep for up to a week in an airtight container at room temperature.