Sheet Pan French Toast
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 large slices day-old crusty bread
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a sheet pan with a silicone mat and brush with the butter.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, brown sugar, milk and vanilla until smooth.
- Dip the bread slices in the mixture one at a time, letting each one soak for 2 minutes or until completely saturated. Lay the bread out on the sheet pan (if preparing the French toast in advance, you can cover the sheet pan at this point and refrigerate overnight).
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the bottoms are golden. Flip the slices over. Bake for another 10 to 15 minutes or until nicely browned on both sides.
Recipe from the kitchen of Sheet Pan Everything.