Sweet & Spicy Ponzu Pork Meatballs
- White Rice
- 1 Head Broccoli
- 1/4 Cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- 10 Ounces Ground Pork
- 1 Tablespoon Sriracha
- 2 Tablespoons Ponzu Sauce
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 Teaspoons Cooking Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Wash and dry produce.
- Cook rice.
- While rice cooks, cut broccoli into bite-sized pieces. Toss on a baking sheet with a drizzle of oil, salt and pepper. Roast until browned and tender, 12-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, soak the panko with 3 tablespoons water. Add pork, sriracha, 3/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Mix to combine, then form into 10-12 1-inch meatballs.
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a large, nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Add meatballs and cook, turning occasionally, until browned and cooked through, 8-10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine ponzu, 1/4 cup water, and 1-1/2 tablespoons sugar.
- Once meatballs are done, stir in ponzu mixture. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring, until meatballs are coated in syrupy glaze, 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in 1 tablespoon butter until melted.
- Fluff rice with a fork; stir in 1 tablespoon butter and a pinch of salt. Divide rice and broccoli between plates. Top rice with meatballs and any remaining glaze from pan.
Recipe from the kitchen of Every Plate.