Chicken Potato Soup
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless (about 1 pound)
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled an cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups baby spinach
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat until sizzling hot, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add onion, carrots, and celery and sauté until tender, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in Italian seasoning until well combined.
- Add chicken broth, chicken breasts, and potatoes. Bring it to a boil and cook until the chicken is fully cooked through, about 12 minutes.
- Remove the chicken and shred into small pieces in just seconds using a stand mixer.
- Return the shredded chicken to the pot and stir in heavy cream. Cook until warmed through, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in spinach and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm with bread.