Full-House Breakfast Casserole
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half or milk
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- One 9.6-ounce package Jimmy Dean Original Pork Sausage Crumbles
- One 30-ounce bag frozen shredded hash browns, thawed overnight in the refrigerator
- One 4-ounce can diced green chiles, drained
- 2-1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- Salsa, for serving
- Sour cream, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Crack the eggs into a blender, then add the half-and-half, salt, pepper, garlic powder, flour, and baking powder and give it a good medium-speed blending until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine the sausage crumbles, thawed hash browns, and green chiles. Add 2 cups of the cheddar, then pour in the egg mixture. Gently stir with a rubber spatula until combined.
- Pour that mixture into the prepared pan and rock it back and forth on the counter to evenly distribute any liquid on the bottom. Sprinkle on the remaining 1/2 cup cheddar.
- Bake, uncovered, until the eggs are set and a knife stuck in the center comes out clean, about 1 hour.
- Let the casserole rest for at least 5 minutes, then slice into squares and spatula it up.