Buffalo Chicken Tacodillas
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1/4 cup Frank's RedHot sauce, plus more for drizzling
- 6 burrito-size flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- About 2 tablespoons creamy blue cheese dressing
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 large tomato, small-diced
- 3 or 4 green onions, green parts chopped
- 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook the chicken over medium-high heat until it's thoroughly cooked through, usually up to about 10 minutes, breaking it up as it cooks. Season with the salt. Remove from the heat and stir in the hot sauce. Set aside.
- For each serving, place a tortilla on a large plate. Sprinkle 1 or 2 tablespoons of the Cheddar in a line down the center, then top it wiht a little more than 1/3 cup of the Buffalo chicken. Lightly drizzle with about 1 teaspoon of blue cheese dressing.
- Top with lettuce and tomatoes. Toss on a few green onions and a few blue cheese crumbles, drizzle about 1 teaspoon of hot sauce on top, and finally top with another 1 tablespoon shredded Cheddar.
- Now let's fold up this package burrito-style. Starting on the bottom side of the large tortilla, lift up the edge and fold it over the center. Then fold the right and the left sides toward the middle, and then fold the remaining side up and over.
- Holding the top closed, place it seam side down in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Don't be in a hurry; if the pan is too hot it will burn the tortilla. After a few short minutes it should be golden. Use a spatula to gently flip it to the other side and cook until golden. Remove it from the pan to rest for a few minutes before eating.
- Continue making the rest of the tacodillas!
Post a Comment