Instant Pot Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 cup minced yellow onion
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1-1/2 cups thinly sliced carrots
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 cup mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- Add the chicken broth, onion, broccoli, carrots, garlic, salt and pepper to the Instant Pot.
- Cook on Manual (pressure cook) HIGH for 2 minutes. Allow for a 3 minute Natural Pressure Release before releasing the pressure manually.
- Remove the lid and stir in the heavy cream. Set the Instant Pot to Saute LOW and heat until it almost begins to simmer. Turn the Instant Pot off.
- Once heated, gradually stir in the Parmesan and cheddar cheeses.
- Make a slurry with the cornstarch and water. Slowly add it to the soup until it thickens to your liking.
- Serve hot.