Crock pot Mac and Cheese
- 2 cups uncooked macaroni noodles
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard powder
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup sour cream regular or light
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups cheddar cheese
- 1 cup Gruyere cheese
- Boil macaroni noodles according to directions to make them very al dente (cook them for at least 1 minute less than directed on the bag). Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Combine all ingredients in the slow cooker and cook on high for 2 hours or low for 3 hours, stirring once or twice.
- Be sure that your macaroni is cooked al dente before you put it in the slow cooker so it doesn’t become mushy. If you prefer or if you are short on time, you can bake this in the oven. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Bake 30 minutes covered and 30 minutes uncovered.
- If you don't have Gruyere cheese, you can just use 4 cups cheddar.
- You can double this recipe in a 6QT slow cooker. Cook on high for 2 1/2 hours, stirring after 1 hour and 2 hours. (When stirring, try to do it as quickly as possible to keep the heat inside).
Recipe from the kitchen of Spend with Pennies.