How to Freeze Green Onions
- Wash your onions.
- Next, chop off the roots, cut the bulb off and remove any dead growth. Discard.
- Chop the green onions in small pieces.
- Spread out the chopped onions on a cookie sheet. For easier remove later, place parchment paper on top of the cookie sheet. Place the cookie sheet in the freezer. This prevents the onions from clumping together.
- After the onions have been in the freezer for a few hours, remove them from the cookie sheet and place them in a ziplock bag.
- Since freezing onions will cause them to lose their crisp texture, use the frozen onions in future cooking, such as soups, marinades, omelettes, fried rice, etc.