Italian Meatball Hoagie Braids
- 2 cans (8 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 16 (1 1/2-inch) frozen fully cooked Italian meatballs, (about 1 pound), thawed and cut in half
- 1 cup tomato-basil pasta sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (4 ounces)
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 2 cookie sheets with cooking spray. Separate dough into 8 rectangles. Place rectangles on cookie sheets. Firmly press perforations to seal.
- Place 4 meatball halves lengthwise down center of each rectangle. Top each with 2 tablespoons pasta sauce and 2 tablespoons mozzarella cheese. Make cuts 1 inch apart on each side of filling, using sharp knife. Alternately cross strips over filling. Brush dough with beaten egg; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Recipe from the kitchen of Betty Crocker.