Tim's Tater Tot Casserole
Double this recipe and make-ahead two Tater Tot Casseroles for baking later in the month. That way you use your whole package of tater tots!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 oz) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 pound (1/2 of 32-oz. package) frozen tater tots
- Brown the ground beef and saute onion together. When meat is browned, drain grease and add frozen veggies, soup and milk. Mix well. Spray nonstick spray into a 9x13 pan. Pour soup mixture into bottom of pan. Top with potatoes.
- Cover pan with aluminum foil. Include a small baggie of cheese with each meal for topping casserole at the end of baking. Label and freeze.
- Thaw the meal in the fridge overnight and then bake at 350 degrees covered for the first 40 minutes. Top with cheese and bake another 10 minutes uncovered.
Recipe from the kitchen of Tim Kasen.