Cajun Chicken Sausage Hash
- 10 small potatoes
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 2 scallions
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 lemons
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 green bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 18 ounces ground chicken sausage
- 4 teaspoons blackening spice
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 4 eggs
- Salt & Pepper
- Cooking Oil
- Hot sauce (optional)
- Adjust rack to top and middle positions and preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry produce. Dice potatoes into 1/2-inch pieces. Trim and thinly slice scallions, separating whites from greens; finely chop whites. Zest one lemon. Peel and finely chop garlic. Halve, peel, and dice onion. Core, deseed, and dice bell pepper.
- Toss potatoes on 2 baking sheets with a large drizzle of oil; season generously with salt and pepper. Roast the white potatoes on a sheet on the middle rack. Roast the sweet potatoes on the top rack. Roast until tender and crisp, 20-25 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, scallion whites, ketchup, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest, a pinch of garlic and up to 2 teaspoons hot sauce. Stir in water 1 teaspoon at a time until mixture reaches a drizzling consistency. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium heat. Once pan is hot, add sausage and cook, breaking up meat into pieces, until lightly browned, 4-6 minutes. Add diced onion, bell pepper, remaining garlic, and blackening spice. Cook, stirring occasionally, until sausage is cooked through and veggies are tender, 4-5 minutes. Stir in roasted potatoes until combined.
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a medium, nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Once hot, crack eggs into pan and cover. Fry eggs to preference. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide hash between plates and top with fried eggs. Drizzle with remoulade-style sauce and sprinkle with scallion greens.
Recipe from the kitchen of Every Plate.