- 12 ounces butterscotch morsels
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 5 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup peanut butter chips
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine butterscotch morsels and peanut butter. Cook on high for 1 minute, then stir. Continue cooking for 15-30 seconds and stirring until morsels are melted and mixture is smooth. Stir in Rice Krispies cereal, mixing until well coated.
- Press mixture evenly into 9 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips and butter in the same way the earlier morsels were melted. Pour the melted chocolate mixture over the cereal and spread to "frost" the bars.
- Melt the peanut butter chips in a small microwave safe bowl. Drizzle the melted chips over the chocolate layer for added decoration.
- Let the bars cool at room temperature or in the refrigerator for 30-minutes to firm up.
- Slice and eat!
Recipe from the kitchen of Alicia Kasen