Creamy Tortellini Soup
- 8 cups low-sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- One 1-pound bag frozen peas and carrots
- 10 ounces fresh cheese tortellini
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Shaved Parmesan and croutons, for topping
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- Bring the broth to a gentle boil in a medium pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the frozen vegetables to the pot and return to a gentle boil. Add the tortellini and cook until almost tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the heavy cream and cook for another 2 minutes. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Ladle into bowls and top with the shaved Parmesan and croutons. Drizzle with olive oil.
Recipe from the kitchen of Ree Drummond.