Yellow Curry with Shrimp and Sweet Potatoes
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 large shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 3 tablespoons yellow curry paste
- 1 pound sweet potatoes (about 2 large), peeled and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cans (13.5 oz. each) unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce or soy sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds peeled, deveined medium shrimp, with tails
- Chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
- 4 garlic naan breads, toasted, for serving
- Lime wedges, for serving
- In a large heavy saucepan, heat the coconut oil over medium. Add the shallots and cook, stirring often, until softened, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the ginger and turmeric and cook, stirring often, until aromatic, about 1 minute. Add the curry paste and stir until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the sweet potatoes and stir until coated. Stir in the coconut milk and simmer until the potatoes are tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Add the fish sauce or soy sauce.
- Add the shrimp to the sauce. Cover and cook until the shrimp are opaque in the centers, 2 to 3 minutes; season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with cilantro. Serve with the naan and lime wedges.
Also great with grilled chicken breasts or vegetable skewers
Post a Comment