Quick and Easy Doughnuts
- 1 can refrigerated buttermilk biscuit dough
- Preheat oil to 375 degrees F. Take each biscuit and flatten slightly with palm of hand. With finger, punch holes in center of each biscuit to shape into doughnuts.
- If desired, break biscuits into parts and roll dough between palms into balls to make bite size doughnut rounds.
- One by one, place dough onto slotted spoon and then into fryer. Fry for 2 minutes turning once. Remove doughnuts from oil with spoon. Place on a plate covered with paper towels to drain.
- Powdered Sugar: dust with confectioner's sugar. Serve warm.
- Glazed: Combine 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar with 2 teaspoons hot milk and 1/2 teaspoons vanilla. Drizzle over cooled doughnuts.
- Cinnamon and Sugar: Combine 2 tablepoons ground cinnamon with 1/2 cup sugar. Serve warm.
- Jelly Doughnut Rounds: Stir 1/2 cup jelly of your choice util smoth. Transfer jelly to aplastaic baggie and snip off one corner to squeeze out jelly. Poke cooked doughnut round with end of a pointed knife and squirt in jelly.