Slow Cooker Chicken Caesar Salad Sandwhiches
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs or breasts
- 1/2 to 1 cup of your favorite Caesar dressing
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley (if you don’t have fresh use around 2 teaspoons of dried parsley)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 12 slider buns or 4-6 regular sized hamburger buns
- Place chicken in a 3-4 quart slow cooker with 1-2 cups of water, cover and cook on low heat for 4-6 hours. I also seasoned the chicken with a little bit of minced onion and garlic powder.
- Remove chicken from cooker using a slotted spoon and drain the water from the slow cooker. Place chicken on a cutting board and pull chicken into shreds, discarding any fat.
- Place chicken back in the cooker and pour dressing, Parmesan cheese, parsley, and pepper over the top. I really make sure that I discard any fat pieces so by the time I was done I only used about 1/2 cup of dressing but you make need more if you have more chicken. Stir until mixed evenly. Cover and cook on high heat for 30 minutes or until mixture is hot.
- Spoon 1/4 cup mixture onto each slider bun. Top with extra shredded Parmesan cheese and lettuce to serve.
Recipe from the kitchen of The Girl Who Ate Everything