- 1 bag coleslaw mix
- 1 lb pork sausage
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 c onion diced
- 1 quart peanut oil for frying
- 8 (7 inch square) egg roll wrappers
- Brown the sausage in a large skillet and add the other ingredients right on top. Cover and cook on the stovetop about 5 minutes on medium high heat.
- In another large skillet heat oil to about 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) or medium high heat.
- Lay out one egg roll skin with a corner pointed toward you. Place about a 1/4 cup of the cabbage mixture on egg roll paper and fold corner up over the mixture. Fold left and right corners toward the center and continue to roll. Brush a bit of water on the final corner to help seal the egg roll.
- Place egg rolls into heated oil and fry, turning occasionally, until golden brown. Remove from oil and drain on paper towels or rack.
Recipe from the kitchen of Timothy Kasen.