Tanzanian Carrot and Ginger Soup
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 3/4 cups chopped sweet onion
- 2 pounds carrots, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons fresh grated ginger or dash of ground ginger
- 2 cups water 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream, divided
- Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion and carrots to pan; cook 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in salt, pepper, and ginger.
- Add 2 cups water and broth to pan; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 25 minutes or until carrots are tender. Remove from heat; cool.
- Place half of carrot mixture and 1 tablespoon cream in a food processor or blender; process 20 seconds or until smooth. Pour pureed mixture into a large bowl. Repeat procedure with remaining carrot mixture and 1 tablespoon cream. Return mixture to pan; cook over medium heat until thoroughly heated.
Recipe from Easy Travel - Tortilis Camp Chef
Post a Comment