- 15-ounce package (2 crusts) folded refrigerated unbaked pie crusts
- 1 Tablespoon cornmeal
- 1/2 Pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1-1/2 Ounce package sliced pepperoni
- 1/2 Cup chopped onion
- 2 Cups shredded mozzarella and/or cheddar cheese (8 ounces)
- 1 Cup Pizza sauce
- 1 Teaspoon milk or water
- Let pie crusts stand at room temperature according to package directions. Lightly grease a 9-inch pie plate. Sprinkle pie plate with cornmeal. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook sausage until brown; add onion and pepperoni and heat through. Drain fat. Pat dry with paper towels to remove additional fat.
- Unfold pie crusts. Transfer one of the crusts to prepared pie plate. Sprinkle one-third of the shredded cheese over bottom crust. Pour half of the pizza sauce over cheese. Top with the sausage-pepperoni mixture, another one-third of the shredded cheese, and the remaining pizza sauce. Top with remaining shredded cheese.
- Cut several slits in remaining crust. Place top crust on filling. Trim and flute edge. Brush with milk or water.
- Bake in a 425 degree F oven about 30 minutes or until pastry is golden and pie is heated through. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Cut into wedges. Makes 6 servings.
From the kitchen of Heather Danielkiewicz