Spinach, Caramelized Onion and Tomato Quiche
- 2 tsp olive oil, extra-virgin
- 3 medium uncooked onions, chopped
- 2 cloves medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp sugar
- 10 oz chopped frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 10 oz pizza dough mix, refrigerated
- 3/4 cup fat free evaporated milk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/2 cup shredded, reduced-fat, Monterey Jack cheese
- 12 medium fresh cherry tomatoes, halved
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Swirl in the oil, then add the onions, garlic, and sugar. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are lightly golden, about 8 minutes. Add the spinach and cook 2 minutes longer; remove from the heat and let cool 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Spray a 9-inch pie plate with nonstick spray.
- Place the dough on a lightly floured work surface and shape it into a 4-inch circle. Cover lightly with plastic wrap and let rest 10 minutes. Roll the dough into an 11-inch circle; fit the dough into the pie plate, and flute the edges.
- Combine the milk, eggs, sour cream, egg white, salt, nutmeg, and pepper in a medium bowl. Sprinkle the cheese over the bottom of the pie crust. Top evenly with the spinach mixture, then pour in the egg mixture. Arrange the tomato halves, cut-side up, on top of the quiche, in a circular pattern. Place on a baking sheet and bake until quiche is just set, about 45 minutes. Remove from the oven and let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Serve immediately or at room temperature. Yields 1/6 of quiche per serving.
7 Weight Watchers Points Plus per serving.