From All You Magazine - There's a secret weapon that takes window washing off the most-dreaded-chore list: a squeegee. Choose one with a soft rubber blade to help cut down on streaks. You also need a 3/4-inch-thick sponge with a white scrubber.
1. Mix 5 drops of liquid dish detergent in 2 gallons of water. Add a teaspoon of rubbing alcohol to give your windows extra shine.
2. Dip the sponge into the solution and wet the window, using the rough side to scrub away dirt. Run the rough side against the window frame to pick up accumulated dirt.
3. Using a lint-free cloth or a coffee filter, clean a 1-inch strip at the top of the window.
4. Moisten the squeegee blade with the cloth or coffee filter, then position it at teh top of the window in the 1-inch strip. Pull down in a smooth stroke. Moisten and repeat, slightly overlapping each stroke, until the window is clean.
5. Get your niece to read these instructions and do the job for you! (I added this one!)