Blueberry Bulgar Salad
- 1/2 cup Bulgar wheat
- 1-1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 4 oz reduced-fat feta, crumbled (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- For the salad, place Bulgar in a large bowl. Add 3/4 cup boiling water; stir. Cover tightly; let stand 15 minutes or until tender. Drain excess water.
- Add blueberries, feta, walnuts, parsley, basil, bell pepper and onion to Bulgar; mix gently. Set aside.
- For the dressing, in a small bowl whisk together lemon juice, vinegar, sugar and mustard. Whisk in oil; season with salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle on salad; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
Serves 8. 165 calories per serving. 7 g fat, 2 g saturated fat, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Post a Comment